Special Care Unit
Our Special Care Unit is a home for residents with the debilitating diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia. Our caring team of professionals is specially trained to assist residents with the usual services provided by Prairie Senior, in addition to providing stress reduction/management, memory support, communication support and the emotional support needed by these residents.
The unit provides a comfortable, caring environment, while delivering a higher level of care and safety for the residents who live there. We utilize many strategies to enhance the quality of life of the residents of the Special Care Unit.
Services Available on the Special Care Unit
- Memory support through strategies designed to promote mental activity and clarity
- Validation therapy and other strategies to promote communication, enhance dignity/happiness and decrease stress/frustration
- Activities designed to promote brain fitness, with sensitivity to current stage of illness
- Care that recognizes, adapts and is consistent with the stage of illness
- Care management program that implements social interaction, proper nutrition, stress management/minimization and physical fitness
Arrange for Care on the Special Care Unit
Contact our Social Services representative at (785) 462-8295 to coordinate care or ask questions. You can also fill out the contact form for more information.