Citizens Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, raises money to help Citizens Health deliver state-of-the-art health care and services to the community. A strong health care foundation makes a community strong. Citizens Foundation is committed to caring for families, friends, and neighbors throughout northwest Kansas — both now and in the many years to come.
We make sure that Citizens Health can continue to provide innovative, quality health care to the region through community and philanthropic support. By advancing the mission of Citizens Health, we continually strive to improve the quality of life for each individual we treat. Through fundraising efforts and generous philanthropic gifts, we are able to continue to offer access to high-quality health care in our region. We hope you see the positive impacts your gifts have made each time you arrive at the Citizens Health campus.
“To nurture relationships that enhance community and philanthropic support to advance Citizens Health’s ability to provide quality health care.” — Citizens Foundation Mission
History of Giving
Since its inception in 2006, Citizens Foundation has invested over $11 million in Citizens Health, ensuring available and accessible state-of-the-art medical services and facilities for the residents of northwest Kansas. We have committed to continue to grow investments that will meet the needs of our health care community in the 21st century by acquiring new equipment, expanding existing programs, developing new programs and providing education.
We are Proud of Our Accomplishments
- $6,000 in annual scholarships
- 2015: $525,000 Siemens Luminos Agile RF System (Radiology)
- 2013-2014: $1.9 million Family Center for Health Care addition
- 2011: $250,000 State-of-the-art mammography system
- 2009-2010: $3.6 million Citizens Health Annex and Citizens Medical Center construction
- 2007-2008: $933,000 New MRI and building
- 2007: $720,000 Addition of nuclear medicine capabilities
- 2007: $500,000 Upgrade to 16-slice CT scanner
- 2006: $500,000 Addition to orthopedic surgery
- 2006: $850,000 Expansion of Family Center for Health Care
Each year, Citizens Foundation receives funds raised through community events and activities. These funds help us deliver compassionate, quality care to our community. We encourage you to get involved and join us for fun, camaraderie and an important cause at any of our local events!