The Financial Assistance Policy exists to provide eligible patients with discounted care at Family Center for Health Care. Patients seeking financial assistance must apply for the program, summarized below.
How to Apply
- Obtain and submit a completed Financial Assistance application. Forms are available to be picked up at the FCHC front desk. Additionally, you may request one to be mailed to you by calling (785) 460-1777 or download the application.
- Eligibility determinations are made by the Patient Resource Manager and Clinic Administrator. Candidates are evaluated based on their income levels and household size compared to the most updated Federal Poverty Level. You may view the FCHC Financial Assistance Policy here.
Determination of Eligibility
- Patients are eligible for financial assistance based on their income level. Patients with a family income of 100% of the Federal Poverty Level or less may be eligible for a discount of 90%.
- Patients with a family income under 200% of the Federal Poverty Level are eligible for additional discounts.
- Elective care is not covered by financial assistance and is the responsibility of the patient at 100% of charges.